Monday, May 19, 2008

Speaking of Outdoor Arts Markets


First off, I have to comment on the AMAZING amount of comments and support I have received so far from community members and artisans about my proposal for an Arts Market right here in Concord, NH. I will be sending out an email VERY soon to all of you with thank yous and more details.

Second, this past weekend was Opening Weekend of the SOWA Open Market in Boston. It's a beautiful weekly market in Boston's South End that takes place most Sundays, end of May thru end of October. I am the on-site Market Manager--the brave person who dares to set up vendors at ungodly hours of the morning and generally makes sure everything runs as it should throughout the day. We had an AMAZING opening weekend...no rain during the event, gorgeous sun, a mind boggling array of over 120 vendors, and lots of shoppers. Outdoor market's are terrific community events because everyone is welcome, and I love getting to meet all of the wonderful shoppers and vendors each week.

It made me even more excited about finalizing my proposal for a Concord Market, and getting it into the right hands. Concord deserves more community events, inclusive community events that really feed the city's spirit.

2 comments:

mimi k said...

It was great to see you yesterday! I'm bummed that I missed the celebrity sighting ;-)

muchacha K handmade said...

Merci cherie! I'm glad I ran into you and your gentleman friend!