Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hurrah for software updates!


So aside from the fact that things are INSANELY BUSY right now (I'm not even creating new posts on Etsy, but my order book is full for the next month and a half), there is another reason that my posts have been sparse. For many weeks, I have been trying to figure out why my computer won't recognize that my camera is plugged in. This is pretty craptastic, considering that my camera is my number three business tool, next to the sewing machines, and the computer itself. So here I am thinking something is seriously wrong with my camera, or my computer, when I read an article online that asks the brilliant question "Have you completed all necessary software updates?".

Software updates? You mean those annoying reminders that pop up when I'm trying to use my computer to get work done and the little icon bounces around driving me crazy until I tell them to go away? Those updates I probably haven't done in...uh....I don't know how long.

Yes. Well, I uploaded all the updates, and voila...the camera works. And I got to download all the pretty pictures of new fabrics that I took this weekend...

LESSON LEARNED, and here, I pass it along to you, dear reader. It's good to be back.

No comments: