Thursday, July 24, 2008

In With The New!

I've posted sparsely about this previously, but here's the full update on what's up with the Speakeasy, the Arts Market, and muchacha K, since many have asked.

muchacha K will continue to produce awesome handbags and accessories, as always. The Speakeasy, our studio shop, has closed. Why? Because a person can organize just so much at once. The Concord Arts Market is a project I've been hoping to get off the ground for a while now, and when the opportunity presented itself, I had to jump on it. So essentially, I've traded up, traded my studio shop for an Arts Market, that will have the ability to be a waaaaaay more visible venue for the artists I love to help promote, as well as a super event that the entire community can enjoy.



I LOVE outdoor shopping! And after this Fall's kickoff of the Concord Arts Market I can't wait to get planning for next year. My goal is to continue the weekly outdoor shopping experience once things warm back up next May/June. Picture yourself wandering the Concord Arts Market, tent after tent of super handcrafted items for you to browse, and local artists for you to rub elbows with...maybe an ice cream cone in hand from the Cool Moose Creamery...a bag of veggies on your arm from the Farmer's Market...and a delicious lunch awaiting you on Main St. Hello!? Could this possibly be a more lovely afternoon? Maybe some acoustic music in the air (still working on that permit, haha, but still, imagine how great it would be!)

Just imagine!!!

For more information about the Concord Arts Market (which kicks of Sept 20, 27, and Oct 4, 2008 from 10am to 4pm) visit the MARKET WEBSITE.

(photo by Jessica Burko, an artist who will be participating in the Concord Arts Market this Fall)

2 comments:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

What a coincidence. I was just downtown looking for the Speakeasy yesterday afternoon. I had some time in between classes that i was teaching over at Kimball-Jenkins and was walking around downtown, taking some photographs. i was going to pop in, but alas, you were no where to be found. I've been reading about your plans for the Arts Market. Good luck with it. I hope it thrives.

muchacha K handmade said...

Hey, sorry I missed you!

You're going to have to check out the market :)

I've been thinking of taking a class at Kimball-Jenkins after the dust of all of this event planning clears...