Wednesday, June 18, 2008

NYC Day One: Renegade Craft Fair Brooklyn!



Alright, for those of you who have never heard of the Renegade Craft Fair, here is your clue! Renegade Craft Fair is an enormous indie craft market that happens in three different cities, Brooklyn, Chicago, and San Francisco. It's a giant cornucopia of indie handmades by talented artisans and artists. I went to the Brooklyn Renegade, obviously, and I was NOT disappointed. There were something around 150 vendors, and a delicious vegan ice cream stand, DJ's...good times! I didn't even care that it was 100 degrees out. Okay, actually I did care that it was that hot, but it meant that I got to buy a gorgeously made cotton skirt that I shall post in a later post :) My jeans were just NOT the thing to be wearing in that heat!

I had the good fortune to run into a handful of New England area vendors that I know, some who were there selling and some who, like me, were there gawking and shopping. Adam Yothers of Boston's Dyslexic Press was there. His subversive mix of t-shirts and sarcasm fit right in, lol:



Learn more about Renegade Craft Fair here: Renegade!

2 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day.

muchacha K handmade said...

It was, and the vegan ice cream...TOTALLY schockingly delicious. Creamsicle flavor...mmmmm....